From the entertaining to the divisive, for this week’s top list I decided to go with 25 of the best TV love triangles ever (well at least from the ’90s forward)!
My selection consists of some of the most popular love triangles (and even a few quadrangles) out there, as well as a few lesser known ones you should check out. Now what you might not find on here are a few that are usually on most triangle lists such as Luke, Lorelai and Christopher from Gilmore Girls or even Chuck, Blair and Dan from Gossip Girl. I left them off simply because I didn’t like the triangle and only selfishly liked Luke and Lorelai together or Chuck and Blair for instance.
I also don’t like love triangles when I feel like one person is just there to get in the way, a plant placed there to get on my nerves (think Catherine, Vincent and Alex on Beauty and the Beast). So for the selection of this list, I needed to at least be entertained by the triangle even if I was rooting for one couple to be together over the other.
RELATED: Check out our list of the Top 30 TV Couples of 2013
With some of these couples, it’s obvious and usually pretty easy to see who should end up together, however, a few of these choices had me scratching my head and switching back and forth between couples because the writers and chemistry between the actors left me more than a little confused, putting me smack dab in the center of the triangle just like the character unsure of who to choose.
So no matter which side or “team” you’re on from a triangle, no one can really deny the entertaining factor of love triangles. Without further ado, here are 25 of the hottest love triangles from television. Check it out if your favorites made the list!
HOTTEST TV LOVE TRIANGLES
25. Wesley, Fred, and Gunn – Angel
24. Simon, Neela, and Ray – ER
23. Catherine, Moray, and Denise – The Paradise
22. Wade, Zoe, and George – Hart of Dixie
21. Annie, Augie, and Eyal – Covert Affairs
20. Jack, Gwen, and Ianto – Torchwood
19. Kara, Lee, and Anders – Battlestar Galactica
18. Oliver, Felicity, and Barry – Arrow
17. Betty with Henry and Daniel – Ugly Betty
AND with Gio
16. Robin, Marian, and Guy – Robin Hood
15. Nikita love triangles/quadrangles
But especially Nikita with Michael/Owen/Ryan.
14. Nathan, Audrey, and Duke – Haven
13. Ned, Chuck, and Olive – Pushing Daisies
12. Arthur, Gwen, and Lancelot – Merlin
11. Damon, Stefan, and Elena – The Vampire Diaries
10. Rose, the Doctor and the Doctor! – Doctor Who
9. Mick, Beth, and Coraline – Moonlight
8. Helen with Tesla, John, Watson – Sanctuary
7. Pacey, Joey, and Dawson – Dawson’s Creek
6. Eric, Sookie, and Bill – True Blood
5. Chloe with Clark, Davis, Oliver – Smallville
4. Jack, Kate, and Sawyer – Lost
3. Henry, Vicki, and Mike – Blood Ties
2. Ben, Felicity, and Noel – Felicity
1. Buffy, Angel, and Spike – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
What are some of your favorite TV love triangles? Did I leave any of your favorites off the list? Sound off below.
Featured image at top: Damon, Elena, and Stefan from The Vampire Diaries. Photo: CW
6 thoughts on “Top 25 Hottest TV Love Triangles”
Great list 🙂
New one; Falling Skies; Ben & Maggie
thank you for remembering felicity, the best love triangle ever
what about twilight? bella, jacob and edward?
TV couples,not movie couples