Jane and Rochester, Darcy and Elizabeth, Buffy and Angel and even young adult couples like Katniss and Peeta are mentioned often when fictional couples are brought up. Don’t get me wrong, I love these couples, but I feel like there are so many other great fictional couples out there that don’t get the attention they deserve. They have all the passion of a period drama couple or even the appeal of a young adult novel, but can be overlooked. Some of these couples have stolen my heart forever and I will continue to root for them even though their stories may be finished.
The couples I chose are from books and other forms of media, who may not be as famous as other couples, but are still amazing. Most of them have a love conquers all feel to them as well as a special, enduring quality. Their passion can cause one to swoon with their deep feelings, leaving a lasting impression. A few of these couples have fan bases, but I feel like they could be better known. Or perhaps they are not the number one couple in a series. Most television and book series have more than one couple and also deserve recognition.
A good fictional couple has love, depth, and a healthy respect for each other, which all the couples on the list have. If you haven’t heard of them, consider checking them out.
So, take a look at my picks for lesser know fictional couples to love. They are in no particular order.
1. Imriel and Sidonie, The Kushiel Legacy Trilogy: The word “always” has never meant so much between two people who fight dark magic and politics to stay together.
2. Richard Cypher and Kahlan Amnell, The Sword of Truth/Legend of the Seeker series: They overcame darkness and Kahlan’s confessor ability to be together.
3. Brianna Randall and Roger Wakefield, Outlander Series: The romance of Jamie and Claire take center stage. However, her daugher’s romance is equally passionate and enduring.
4. Emily Starr and Frederick Kent, Emily of New Moon Trilogy: The second famous couple of L.M. Montgomery’s world waited on each other, their stars crossing for years, until they could finally be together.
5. Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood, The Mortal Instruments: This romance has become a fan-favorite over the years. Probably because their love conquered all in the midst of the other Shadowhunters and Downworlders.
6. Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint, Doctor Who: Time, species, and a madman with a box don’t deter these two lovebirds who stole my heart on the show.
7. Edith Adelon and James Percy, The Inheritance: This lesser known Louisa May Alcott novel features a couple that has all the pure period romance you can hope for. Edith and James are so sweet it hurts.
So, who are some of your favorite fictional couples that aren’t as famous as others?Pin this article to read later! And make sure to follow us on Pinterest.