Starting now, The Silver Petticoat Book Club will include downloadable discussion questions for each book club pick! While we will include this addition with each new selection, we’re also going to post downloadable discussion questions for our past book club picks. So, first up is The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner.
START YOUR OWN CHAPTER OF THE SILVER PETTICOAT BOOK CLUB
We also want to invite the book club members to start their own chapters of The Silver Petticoat Book Club (we have more instructions below). And while we’d love to have you join us with each new pick and discuss in your local chapters/extensions of the club, feel free to also go back to our past choices and read and discuss. It’s never too late to read and check out past selections.
So, without further ado, here are The Jane Austen Society discussion questions.
THE JANE AUSTEN SOCIETY DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (WARNING – SPOILERS!)
A list of discussion questions for The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner. The questions were written by Amber and Autumn Topping from The Silver Petticoat Book Club.
- What was your favorite part of The Jane Austen Society?
- What do you think of how the characters discussed Jane Austen’s novels? Does this book make you want to be part of a Jane Austen book club or join a Jane Austen society?
- Does this book inspire you to read Jane Austen if you haven’t before? If you have read Jane Austen, does it make you want to revisit her books?
- What themes stood out to you while reading?
- How did you feel about the ending? Were you surprised by any of the plot points?
- What feelings did the book leave you with after you finished the book?
- Did “The Jane Austen Society” make you want to visit the real Chawton?
- How did you read the book? Did you read it on Kindle, buy it in print, or listen to the audiobook with Richard Armitage?
- Let’s talk about the characters! The main characters include Dr. Gray, Adeline, Adam, Mimi, Evie, Frances, Andrew, and Yardley. Who was your favorite character, and why? Your least favorite? Which character did you most relate to or empathize with? How do you think the characters’ stories were like Jane Austen’s stories?
- Who would you cast in a film adaptation?
- Let’s talk about romance. Did the love stories make you swoon? Which of the couples did you love the most? What do you think happens to the main characters after the ending? Did you feel the happy endings were earned?
- Would you recommend this book to others? Why or why not?
Click the print button and keep a copy of the discussion questions. You can choose to print or save it as a PDF to your computer. These discussion questions are for personal use only. If you use them, please credit The Silver Petticoat Book Club.
Want to start your own chapter of The Silver Petticoat Book Club?
You don’t just have to discuss the book club picks with us online. If you want The Silver Petticoat Book Club to be even more fun, gather and recruit your own extension of the club (crediting us, of course) and discuss each month’s pick with smaller gatherings with family and friends – whether in person or virtually!
You’ll be able to download the questions, add some of your own, and turn the book club into the “entertaining” and “social” experience it’s meant to be!
If you do start your own group, remember to use the hashtag #TheSilverPetticoatBookClub and share with us some pictures from your group. We would love to see how members of the book club are participating!
Book club gatherings can be simple (discussing with your family and close friends on ZOOM) or more complex – like meeting in person (once you feel safe) and having a Jane Austen-inspired tea party while discussing the book, for example.
The sky’s the limit on what you can do.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning we may earn a commission if you choose to buy through our links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.