A new weekly feature to let you know what to watch each week in the romance and period drama genres. From TV to Streaming to Movie Releases and even Video On Demand.
This week, if you’re a romantic period drama fan, then The Miniaturist should be on your radar as Part One premieres Sunday on PBS. It stars period drama queen Romola Garai and looks promising. You’ll also want to be on the lookout for the season finale of Take Two, a romantic crime series on ABC from the creators of Castle.
Below you’ll find premieres, new episodes of current shows, new movie releases, and new VOD for the week of September 9. What you won’t find are all the repeats, movies on every paid cable channel (HBO, Showtime, STARZ, etc.) or streaming, and other extraneous content. This watchlist is for what’s new or a special standout! Schedules and release dates are subject to change.
ROMANCE AND PERIOD DRAMA WATCHLIST:
Week of September 9 – September 15
(Times are EST)
- For current shows airing on Dramafever (Asian Dramas), go HERE.
- For current shows airing on Viki (Asian Dramas), go HERE.
Sunday, September 9
- Mr. Sunshine (Netflix) – New Episode (TV-MA)
- 9 p.m. Chesapeake Shores, New Episode (Hallmark)
- 9 p.m. The Miniaturist on Masterpiece – Part One (PBS)
- 10 p.m. You, Series Premiere (Lifetime)
Monday, September 10
Tuesday, September 11
- Ocean’s 8 (DVD/Blu-ray release)
- Paper Year (VOD)
- The Resistance Banker (Netflix)
- This is Us, Season 2 (DVD release)
Wednesday, September 12
- 800 Words (Acorn TV) – New Episode
- The Blacklist, Season 5 (Netflix)
- 9 p.m. Suits (TNT)
- 10 p.m. Greenleaf (OWN)
Thursday, September 13
Friday, September 14
- The Riot Act (Limited Release in Theaters)
- Unbroken: Path to Redemption (Nationwide Release in Theaters)
Saturday, September 15
Downton Abbey, My Mother and Other Strangers, and Poldark on
To find out the times for this week’s many romances and period dramas on TCM, check out the full schedule HERE.
What’s on your Romance and Period Drama Watchlist this next week? Let me know in the comments!
Pin this article to read later! And make sure to follow us on Pinterest.