A new weekly feature to let you know what to watch each week in the romance and period drama genres. From TV to Streaming to Movie Releases and even Video On Demand.
With hundreds of shows and movies currently premiering or airing, we thought we’d compile a weekly Watchlist focused on Romance and Period Drama. That way, those of us looking for something historical or perhaps unabashedly romantic, will know just where to look!
Below you’ll find premieres, new episodes of current shows, new movie releases, as well as some relevant classics on TCM you’ll want to Set Your DVR for. What you won’t find are all the repeats, movies on every paid cable channel (HBO, Showtime, STARZ, etc.), and other extraneous content.
YOUR WEEKLY WATCHLIST: July 8-July 14
(Times are EST)
- Anne With an E, Season 2 (Netflix) – This was just released on July 6th, so it’s the perfect time to binge!
- Ant-Man and the Wasp – in theaters as of July 6th.
- Mr. Sunshine, Season 2 Premiere – TV-MA (Netflix) – A new Romantic K-Drama that airs new episodes weekly. The first episode airs today, July 7. This one’s sure to be another huge success like the writer’s previous series, Goblin.
- No Postage Necessary – Romantic Comedy available through Vevue using Blockchain technology as of July 6th.
- Yes, I Do – Recently premiered Hallmark film. Check local listings for times!
- Gold Crown Christmas 2018 continues on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel. Check out the full schedule HERE.
- For current shows airing on Dramafever, go HERE.
- And then for current shows airing on Viki, go HERE.
Sunday, July 8
Monday, July 9
- Agatha Christie Hour (Acorn TV)
- 4 p.m. The Americanization of Emily (1964) (TCM)
- 8 p.m. So You Think You Can Dance (FOX) – For all those romantic dances!
- 9 p.m. Salvation (CBS)
- 8 p.m. Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings (Freeform)
Tuesday, July 10
- to.Jenny, Series Premiere (Viki)
- 4 a.m. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) (TCM)
- 8 p.m. The 100 (CW)
- 8 p.m. The Bold Type (Freeform)
- 8 p.m. Key Largo (1948) (TCM)
- 9 p.m. The Outpost, Series Premiere (CW)
Wednesday, July 11
- 4:45 a.m. The Story of Seabiscuit (1949) (TCM)
- 11 a.m. So Big (1953) (TCM)
- 1 p.m. The Star (1952) (TCM) – Stars Bette Davis
- 9 p.m. The Originals (CW)
Thursday, July 12
- 2:30 a.m. A Damsel in Distress (1937) (TCM)
- 6 a.m. Marie Antoinette (1938) (TCM)
- 8:45 a.m. The Black Book (1949) (TCM)
- 10:30 a.m. A Tale of Two Cities (1935) (TCM)
- 12:45 p.m. The Scarlet Pimpernel (1935) (TCM)
- 2:45 p.m. Scaramouche (1952) (TCM)
- 8 p.m. Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger (Freeform)
- 10 p.m. Take Two (ABC)
Friday, July 13
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream (2017) (VOD)
- Christmas Keepsake Week begins (Hallmark) – Click on link for full schedule.
- How it Ends (Netflix Movie Premiere) – Romantic Sci-Fi Thriller
- 1:15 p.m. I Walked With a Zombie (1943) (TCM) – Loosely based on Jane Eyre.
- 8 p.m. The Girl in White (1952) (TCM)
- 9:45 p.m. You Belong to Me (1941) (TCM)
- 11:30 p.m. Strange Lady in Town (1955) (TCM)
Saturday, July 14
If you enjoy more explicit content, Harlots, season 2 Premieres on July 11 on Hulu
Currently, you can watch repeats of Downton Abbey, Poldark, and Endeavor on PBS.
What’s on your Watchlist this next week? Let me know in the comments!
Featured image: Mr. Sunshine – Photo: NetflixIf you enjoyed this article, please help us spread the word! Share with your friends or save to Pinterest to read later.