When it comes to romantic TV shows and movies, I often find myself turning to international choices. Mostly because newer international content tends to be more unabashedly romantic than American shows these days. If you’ve ever found yourself addicted to British period dramas and/or romantic Korean Dramas then you know what I’m talking about! So, I thought it would be fun to share the best of what’s new and coming soon to international streaming on Acorn TV, BritBox, Dramafever, and Viki. I’ve compiled a list of some of the best recent additions (I’ve gone as far back as May) of international romances to check out, as well as a few coming soon!
So, let’s take a look at my romantic recommendations below for international streaming, each with a link leading to more information. I’ve organized by streaming site with titles listed in alphabetical order.
(NOTE: We aim to share less explicit content that has PG-13 “like” content and below minus a few exceptions for artistic merit and/or genre interest.)
The Best International Romances to Watch in July
(Acorn TV, Britbox, Dramafever, Viki)
- 800 Words, Series 3, Part 1
A light-hearted Australian/New Zealand series with great writing and wonderful characters!
- Agatha Christie Hour (premieres July 9th)
- Anglo Saxon Attitudes (premieres July 16; see a young Kate Winslet)
– A must-watch female-driven series from Australia. With fantastically layered female characters from teenagers to the elderly, it’s a wonderfully sweet show for women of all ages. And yes, there’s quite a bit of romance!
- The Diary of Anne Frank
- (an epic historical romance)
- , Series 1 and 2 available for streaming
-The series is an addictive and charming series with memorable characters, heartfelt romances, and a gorgeous setting!
- The Ladies’ Paradise, Season 2
-If you loved the BBC’s romantic show, The Paradise, you won’t want to miss the exceptional Italian adaptation of the French novel. An addictive period drama for fans of shows like Grand Hotel.
-One of our favorite mystery shows! This Australian import is full of romance and small-town charm!
-Fans of genre romance will love this series!
- Our Girl, Seasons 1-2
DRAMAFEVER (Asian Dramas)
- Are You Human Too? (A Korean Sci-Fi Romance Series)
- Be With You (Romance film starring So-Ji-sub)
- Legend of Fuyao
-This new Chinese Paranormal Romance series has fantastic mythology and memorable romances. However, the ending’s not great! Definitely still worth watching though especially for one of the most unique love triangles to ever exist between the supporting characters.
VIKI (Asian Dramas)
- About Time (Korean Romance Series)
- Come and Hug Me
- Dear Lena
- The Ex-Man
- The Good Witch
- Here to Heart
- I’m Sorry I Love You (2004; A fantastic Romantic Tragedy that will captivate from start to finish)
- Lawless Lawyer (stars Scarlet Heart Ryeo‘s Lee Joon Gi)
- Legend of Fuyao
- The Love Knot: His Excellency’s First Love (also called Moonshine and Valentine)
- Marry Me Now
- My Husband, Mr. Oh
– While it lags in the middle, overall, this series is incredibly entertaining and fun to watch. The leading man is great.
- Pretty Man
- Siege in Fog
- Single Ladies Senior
- Sweet Dreams
- Time (premieres July 25)
- to. Jenny (premieres July 10)
- The Undateables (stars She Was Pretty‘s Hwang Jung-eum)
- The Way We Were
- What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim? (popular new series)
- Wok of Love
- You Drive Me Crazy
- The Bletchley Circle: San Francisco, July 26 on BritBox
-The fantastic British period mystery series is back!
- Our Time Will Come: Dramafever
- : Dramafever
- Van Gogh: Painted with Words, July 19 on BritBox (Period Biopic starring Benedict Cumberbatch)
- The Village: Britbox
What do you plan to check out on Acorn TV, BritBox, Dramafever, or Viki this month? Let me know in the comments!
Featured image credit: The Ladies’ Paradise. Photo Courtesy of Acorn TV.If you enjoyed this article, please help us spread the word! Share with your friends or save to Pinterest to read later.