2013 will soon be coming to a close, so I thought it fitting for this week’s Top List to pick some of the best TV couples of the year…well…at least subjectively. And because we just can’t watch EVERYTHING, there will be some popular couples left off the list (That or maybe we just don’t like them!) Plus, there have been so many good ones this year I had to narrow down to some of the personal favorites of us writers here at The Silver Petticoat Review.
RELATED: Top 25 Hottest TV Love Triangles
Choosing the top 30 wasn’t easy, so a criterion for selection was made:
- The show had to have aired new episodes anywhere between January and December 2013.
- No fanon; There is evidence of at least romantic feelings between the characters. Unrequited one-sided love is acceptable in my book.
- Since season 3 of Downton Abbey premiered in America in January, I am counting that show in 2013 even though the original air dates in the UK were in 2012.
- One of the writers here (Autumn, Rebecca or myself) has to watch the show with the couple chosen at least on a recurring basis.
Unfortunately, some of these couples have now come to an unfortunate end either through the always dreaded character death (darn trigger happy writers and/or actors who move on) or through network cancellation of the actual TV Show. So for now, let’s look back and remember.
From the popular to the obscure, scroll through the gallery to see our top picks.
Top 30 TV Couples of 2013
30. Hook and Emma – Once Upon a Time
29. Stefan and Katherine – The Vampire Diaries
28. Emily and Micah – Emily Owens M.D.
27. Will and Alicia – The Good Wife
26. Klaus and Caroline – The Vampire Diaries
25. Dyson and Bo – Lost Girl
24. Kenzi and Hale – Lost Girl
23. Danny and Mindy – The Mindy Project
22. Annie and Auggie – Covert Affairs
21. Wade and Zoe – Hart of Dixie
20. Damon and Elena – The Vampire Diaries
19. John Reese and Joss Carter – Person of Interest
18. Audrey and Nathan – Haven
17. Vincent and Catherine – Beauty and the Beast
16. Peter and Olivia – Fringe
15. Brennan and Booth – Bones
14. Michael and Nikita – Nikita
13. Sister Bernadette and Dr. Turner – Call the Midwife
12. Mina and Dracula – Dracula
11. Hugh and Dot – Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
10. Eric and Sookie – True Blood
9. Luther and Alice – Luther
8. Elijah and Hayley – The Originals
7. Felicity and Oliver – Arrow
6. Denise and Moray – The Paradise
5. Mary and Matthew – Downton Abbey
4. Gary and Miranda – Miranda
3. Sybil and Branson – Downton Abbey
2. Linden and Holder – The Killing
1. Jack Robinson and Phryne Fisher – Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
What were your favorite TV couples of 2013? Did I include them? Or leave them off the list? Sound off below.
Featured image at top: Jack (Nathan Page) and Miss Fisher (Essie Davis) in Australia’s Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. Photo: Acorn